View Single Post
Old 10/24/2011, 01:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
I have been able to stabilize the webOS Virtual Keyboard on 2.1.0 on both the Palm Pre 2 and Palm Pre Plus.

I have also made a shell bash file to patch the LunaSysMgr.

I have tested it and it works well on my pre.

The Shell Script has the following options:
Code:
USAGE: VKB.sh OPTIONAL:[OPTIONS]

Use one of the following [OPTIONS]:

-patch
     To patch LunaSysMgr

-revert
     To remove the patch and revert the LunaSysMgr to the original status

-status
     To show the status of the patch

-help
     To show this help page!
If no argument was specified, then the shell uses an automatic mode: where the script determines whether the patch is applied or not and does the opposite activity.

All you have to do to try it out, send the script to your Pre and through webOS Quick Install Linux Commandline execute the script.

Don't forget to activate the Virtual Keyboard by using the "luna.conf.patch". I got that from Arthur Thornton.

Initial Discussion

Attachment 61808

SO FAR:
The patch stablizes the VKB; however, when trying to change the screen orientation, Luna seems to crash. I am checking that later on.

Enjoy
Is it possible to change the way how to pull up the VKB? I'm used to the double tap approach in 1.4.5 and the way they did it in 2.1.0 just prevents you from using the wave launcher. Anyway I tried Arthur's patch few weeks back(after fresh frankenpre2) and it crashed for me only if I try to use it landscape and this is the only way I intend to use it - otherwise it's too small. Adding additional languages will be also helpful since this way auto correct can get out of the way. If I have time on my hands (and cable with me) I can give it a quick spin.
60RH is offline   Reply With Quote